To be a successful Small Business owner, you must embrace accountability. Not just for yourself, but for your employees, contractors, partners, and suppliers. So, what do you do when people don’t match your expectations of how hard they should be working, how fast they should be getting things done, and how high the quality of work being completed is?
Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton as they discuss ways to manage those expectations and how to shift our own thinking to increase the performance of others.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #358 for Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- 00:01:07 Business Therapy: Managing People Who Are Differently-Efficient
- Celebrating shortcuts
- Embrace disappointment
- 00:09:44 SPONSOR: Coinbase, the trusted and easy-to-use platform to buy, sell, and spend cryptocurrency. For a limited time, new users can get $10 in free Bitcoin when you sign up today at Coinbase.com/SBS.
- 00:11:15 SPONSOR: Napjitsu. We love power naps here at SBS, and we know you do to. Napjitsu is a new way to recharge your body and your brain. For a limited time, receive 30% off your first purchase at Napjitsu.com/SBS.
- 00:12:43 Managing Your Expectations of Other People
- When you want to criticize, look in the mirror; when you want to praise, look out the window.
- Ideals vs. Capabilities?
- The Working Agreement
- 00:28:51 How do you manage people who miss your expectations?
- Create a roadmap of what you want to achieve
- Acknowledge your responsibility
- Idea: Late people have a self-esteem problem
- Re-define the expectations going forward
- What can I do to help?
- Hiring and Firing
- 00:38:20 SBS 358 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:07 — 27.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More